Full Onboard IT & Communications Solution
Commercial fleets require secure, integrated tools to support business efficiency, crew morale, regulatory compliance, and safety needs even if there are limited IT skills on the vessel. KVH’s CommBox Ship/Shore Network Manager is the most complete network management tool available for mariners, offering superior flexibility and reliability to competing hardware- and software-only solutions. That’s why more than 1,000 vessels worldwide rely on the KVH CommBox Ship/Shore Network Manager to get more out of their onboard communications. CommBox offers:
- Web caching and web image compression to reduce bandwidth requirements
- Enterprise extension: remote PC management for customer IT departments
- Integrated e-mail server, firewalls, and security
- Least cost routing and bandwidth management for multiple communications carriers
- Unique networks for operations, charters and/or crew
- Complete Internet cafe and VoIP solution
- Content filtering
Flexible Network Management Solutions for Every Vessel's Needs
At the core of the CommBox solution is its outstanding level of flexibility. You choose the features that best suit each vessel. The fully-configurable CommBox is compatible with any maritime communications service (including Inmarsat, mini-VSAT Broadband, VSAT, GSM, Wi-Fi, etc.) – and comes as built-in hardware with KVH’s TracPhone V3-IP, V7-IP, V11 and V11-IP. CommBox offers unmatched optimization and cost savings whether you operate one vessel or a fleet of 500.
Find a dealer near you!