Service providers occasionally change the tracking parameters of their satellites, necessitating an update to the data in the TracVision satellite library. You can update the system’s satellite library to the latest version at any time by downloading the file from KVH’s Update server and uploading it to the TV-Hub. When you update the library, the new version simply overwrites the previously installed version.
IMPORTANT! With the exception of user-defined satellites, updating the satellite library overwrites any changes you have made to the satellite’s tracking parameters. All parameters for preset satellites revert to their factory default settings.
Use one of the following methods to update the satellite library:
Using an Onboard Network with Internet Access
- Connect your computer to the same network as the TV-Hub.
- At the Updates page of the web interface, select the satellite library. Then select Download Update. This will download the latest version of the library file onto your computer.
- Select Install Update. Then navigate to and select the library file (it has a .xml extension) saved on your computer. It will only take a few seconds for the update to complete.
Using a SmartPhone or Tablet
If you have an Apple® iOS or Google™ Android™ smartphone or tablet, and your device has an Internet connection, you can use the TracVision TV/RV App to download the latest library file and upload it to the system. You can download the App for free from the Apple iTunes® App Store™ or Google Play Store.
Using a Computer with Internet Access
If your computer has an Internet connection, you can use that connection to download the library file. Follow these steps:
- Download the latest version of the library file onto your computer from the KVH website (go to www.kvh.com/Support/Product-Support-Library/Software-Updates).
- Once you have downloaded the file onto your computer, use the same computer to access the TV-Hub’s web interface.
- At the Updates page of the web interface, select the satellite library then select Install Update. Navigate to and select the library file (it has a .xml extension) saved on your computer. It will only take a few seconds for the update to complete.