DSP-1750 Fiber Optic Gyro
Outstanding Performance with an Innovative, Ultra-compact Design
The DSP-1750 delivers performance never before achieved in FOGs of similar size. The super-compact, flexible, innovative design makes the DSP-1750 easy to integrate into platforms where space and payload weight are at a premium. Ideal applications include long-range optical and sensor systems, gimbals, autonomous vehicle navigation, and the stabilization of virtually all types of commercial equipment platforms. Features:
- 1.8" diameter optical sensor separate from the control electronics allows the sensor to be installed directly on the sensitive axis
- Available in both single- and dual-axis configurations and in digital or analog outputs
- Low noise and high performance
- 170-micron E•Core ThinFiber enables extreme accuracy in ultra-compact size
- Angle random walk ≤0.013°/√hr
- ±490°/sec and ±1000°/sec input rate options delivering very high bandwidth
- Superior bias instability of ≤0.1°/hr, 1σ
- Digital or analog outputs; single- and dual-axis configurations, and magnetically shielded option
- Two-piece design for outstanding installation flexibility
E•Core ThinFiber Technology
KVH’s proprietary polarization maintaining E•Core ThinFiber delivers outstanding precision performance in much smaller gyros and inertial systems. By minimizing the diameter of KVH’s standard E•Core fiber, the resulting ThinFiber boosts the accuracy of all KVH gyros, and allows the production of very small FOGs with very high bandwidth and very low noise.
KVH’s DSP electronics improve FOG performance in critical areas such as scale factor and bias vs. temperature, scale factor linearity, and maximum input rate. KVH’s exclusive DSP design is covered by multiple patents* and overcomes the limitations of analog signal processing, eliminating temperature-sensitive drift and rotation errors.
* This product is covered by one or more patents, including U.S. Patent #6,429,939, "DSP Signal Processing for Open Loop Fiber Optic Sensors."
Available with digital or analog outputs, the DSP-1750 offers both single- and dual-axis configurations to support a wide range of applications and installation requirements.
Magnetically Shielded Options
Magnetically shielded variants are available for the single- and dual-axis DSP-1750 for superior performance in magnetically aggressive environments.
Product Literature/Supporting Documents
Need more information about this product and how customers are using it to succeed? Check out all of the supporting materials for this product, including brochures, specification sheets, rate plans, case studies, eBooks, and more.
Products not shown to scale