DSP-3000 Fiber Optic Gyro
Superior Precision and Reliable Performance at a Lower Cost
The workhorse of KVH’s single-axis FOG series, KVH’s DSP-3000 offers field-proven performance in a wide range of applications. Its compact and robust design, coupled with a choice of analog, digital, and digital RS-232 outputs, makes the DSP-3000 the most versatile fiber optic gyro available and an ideal solution for guidance and stabilization, low-cost IMUs, integrated GPS/INS, and AHRS. Features:
- KVH’s mature all-fiber optical circuit for exceptionally low noise (ARW)
- KVH’s proprietary E•Core polarization-maintaining fiber
- Robust, modular design housed in a package roughly the same size as a deck of playing cards
- Single-axis FOG, modular design for 1, 2, or 3-axis configurations
- 1˚ per hour performance
- Available in three variants – DSP-3000, DSP-3100, and DSP-3400 – for outstanding versatility
- Exceptional bias stability and scale factor linearity – minimal temperature and power-up errors
- Excellent reliability: >55,000 hours MTBF, Ground Mobile
- Robust for a wide variety of applications including platform stabilization, antenna/radar/optics stabilization, IMU, GPS/INS, and AHRS
KVH's DSP electronics improve FOG performance in critical areas such as scale factor and bias vs. temperature, scale factor linearity, and maximum input rate. KVH’s exclusive DSP design is covered by multiple patents* and overcomes the limitations of analog signal processing, eliminating temperature-sensitive drift and rotation errors.
* This product is covered by one or more patents, including U.S. Patent #6,429,939, "DSP Signal Processing for Open Loop Fiber Optic Sensors."
Product Literature/Supporting Documents
Need more information about this product and how customers are using it to succeed? Check out all of the supporting materials for this product, including brochures, specification sheets, rate plans, case studies, eBooks, and more.
Products not shown to scale