DSP-3100 Fiber Optic Gyro
High-speed Data Output in a Compact Package
Designed for demanding applications requiring high-speed data output, the KVH DSP-3100 offers a powerful high-speed digital RS-422 interface with 1000 Hz asynchronous output in a package more compact than the KVH DSP-3400. With its industry-standard Samtec 26-pin connector, it offers a versatile package ideal for installations with tighter installation requirements while not sacrificing performance, reliability, or durability. Features:
- KVH’s mature all-fiber optical circuit for exceptionally low noise (ARW)
- KVH’s proprietary E•Core polarization-maintaining fiber
- Robust, modular design housed in a package roughly the same size as a deck of playing cards
- Single-axis FOG, modular design for 1, 2, or 3-axis configurations
- Available in three variants – DSP-3000, DSP-3100, and DSP-3400 – for outstanding versatility
- Exceptional bias stability and scale factor linearity – minimal temperature and power-up errors
- Excellent reliability: >55,000 hours MTBF, Ground Mobile
- Robust for a wide variety of applications including platform stabilization, antenna/radar/optics stabilization, IMU, GPS/INS, and AHRS
KVH's DSP electronics improve FOG performance in critical areas such as scale factor and bias vs. temperature, scale factor linearity, and maximum input rate. KVH’s exclusive DSP design is covered by multiple patents* and overcomes the limitations of analog signal processing, eliminating temperature-sensitive drift and rotation errors.
* This product is covered by one or more patents, including U.S. Patent #6,429,939, "DSP Signal Processing for Open Loop Fiber Optic Sensors."
Product Literature/Supporting Documents
Need more information about this product and how customers are using it to succeed? Check out all of the supporting materials for this product, including brochures, specification sheets, rate plans, case studies, eBooks, and more.
Products not shown to scale