DSP-4000 Fiber Optic Gyro
Superior Performance and Reliability for Demanding Applications
The KVH DSP-4000 FOG is a high-performance, low-cost all-fiber gyroscope designed to ensure high reliability, superior performance, and exceptional vibration, shock, and acceleration survivability. Designed to meet even rigorous military specifications, the dual-axis DSP-4000 also offers:
- Low noise, high bandwidth, improved bias stability and excellent resolution
- Superior stabilization and tracking capabilities for turret, antenna, and optical stabilization systems in one affordable solution
- Scalability for deployment of next-generation gun and turret stabilization designs
- Compact dual-axis design using KVH’s patented DSP fiber optic technology
- Long life, stability, and insensitivity to vibration from rotation or acceleration in other axes
- Choice of analog or RS-422 output for both military and commercial applications
- Compact assembly features military connectors to withstand gunfire shock and weather-resistant gaskets
- Significantly longer life and lower life cycle cost with MTBF >35,000 hours
- Ideal for stabilized pointing, gun and turret stabilization, and antenna/optical/camera stabilization
KVH’s DSP electronics improve FOG performance in critical areas such as scale factor and bias vs. temperature, scale factor linearity, and maximum input rate. KVH’s exclusive DSP design is covered by multiple patents* and overcomes the limitations of analog signal processing, eliminating temperature-sensitive drift and rotation errors.
* This product is covered by one or more patents, including U.S. Patent #6,429,939, "DSP Signal Processing for Open Loop Fiber Optic Sensors."
Product Literature/Supporting Documents
Need more information about this product and how customers are using it to succeed? Check out all of the supporting materials for this product, including brochures, specification sheets, rate plans, case studies, eBooks, and more.
Products not shown to scale