Fiber Optic Gyro IMU Delivering Superior Performance at MEMS Prices
The 1725 IMU is a game-changing 6-degrees-of-freedom (6-DOF) sensor that delivers the high performance and stability of KVH’s fiber optic gyros (FOGs) at MEMS prices. With three high-performance KVH gyros and three low-noise MEMS accelerometers, this commercial-off-the-shelf, low cost/high performance IMU is ideal for applications in which affordability, high performance and high bandwidth are critical. Features:
- Compact package weighing less than 0.7 kg (1.45 lbs.) designed for ease of integration
- Flexible interfaces, programmable message outputs
- Versatile for unmanned platforms, precision stabilization systems, and high accuracy mobile mapping
- High bandwidth and low noise for demanding applications
- Superior shock and vibration performance
- High accuracy 6-DOF angular rate and acceleration data
- Drop-in replacement design
- Asynchronous or synchronous RS-422 protocol
- Adjustable baud rate to minimize communication latency, and receive accurate data even faster
E•Core ThinFiber Technology
KVH’s proprietary polarization maintaining E•Core ThinFiber delivers outstanding precision performance in much smaller gyros and inertial systems. By minimizing the diameter of KVH’s standard E•Core fiber, the resulting ThinFiber boosts the accuracy of all KVH gyros, and allows the production of very small FOGs with very high bandwidth and very low noise.
KVH’s DSP electronics improve FOG performance in critical areas such as scale factor and bias vs. temperature, scale factor linearity, and maximum input rate. KVH’s exclusive DSP design is covered by multiple patents* and overcomes the limitations of analog signal processing, eliminating temperature-sensitive drift and rotation errors.
* This product is covered by one or more patents, including U.S. Patent #6,429,939, "DSP Signal Processing for Open Loop Fiber Optic Sensors."
Developer’s Kit for Rapid Integration
The KVH FOG/IMU Developer’s Kit includes easy-to-use software that accelerates your IMU and FOG integration, development, and interface efforts.
Product Literature/Supporting Documents
Need more information about this product and how customers are using it to succeed? Check out all of the supporting materials for this product, including brochures, specification sheets, rate plans, case studies, eBooks, and more.
Products not shown to scale