High-Performance Inertial Sensor for a Wide Range of Unmanned Applications
The 1750 IMU offers exceptional precision in a compact package, making it ideal for use where space is limited. By pairing the E•Core ThinFiber technology of KVH’s high-performance FOGs with solid state MEMS accelerometers, the result is an IMU that integrates easily into the most demanding applications including autonomous vehicle navigation and positioning; unmanned aerial surveillance, surveying, and mapping; humanoid robots; and oil and gas pipeline inspection equipment. Key features include:
- Drop-in replacement IMU that integrates easily into the most demanding applications
- Lower cost than systems offering comparable performance
- Low power consumption and highly adaptable
- Superior precision – bias instability ≤ 0.05°/hr, 1σ, highly accurate 6-degrees-of-freedom angular rate and acceleration data
- Compact package – 88.9 mm Dia. x 73.7 mm H (3.5” x 2.9”), <0.7 kg (<1.4 lbs.)
- Rugged design for extreme environments, with excellent shock, vibration, and thermal performance
- Industry standard Asynchronous or Synchronous RS-422 protocol
- Flexible, user-friendly programmable data output rates from 1 – 1000 Hz
- Customizable message output from both the FOGs and the integrated accelerometers
E•Core ThinFiber Technology
KVH’s proprietary polarization maintaining E•Core ThinFiber delivers outstanding precision performance in much smaller gyros and inertial systems. By minimizing the diameter of KVH’s standard E•Core fiber, the resulting ThinFiber boosts the accuracy of all KVH gyros, and allows the production of very small FOGs with very high bandwidth and very low noise.
KVH’s DSP electronics improve FOG performance in critical areas such as scale factor and bias vs. temperature, scale factor linearity, and maximum input rate. KVH’s exclusive DSP design overcomes the limitations of analog signal processing, eliminating temperature-sensitive drift and rotation errors.
Developer’s Kit for Rapid Integration
The KVH FOG/IMU Developer’s Kit includes easy-to-use software that accelerates your IMU and FOG integration, development, and interface efforts.
Product Literature/Supporting Documents
Need more information about this product and how customers are using it to succeed? Check out all of the supporting materials for this product, including brochures, specification sheets, rate plans, case studies, eBooks, and more.
Products not shown to scale