Premium Performance for the Most Demanding Environments and Applications
Offering superior performance, the 1775 IMU is the premier IMU offered by KVH, now available with either 10g or 25g accelerometers. An advanced inertial sensor system, the high-performing 1775 IMU is designed for systems and applications where very high bandwidth, low latency, and low drift are critical. The 1775 IMU is integrated with low noise accelerometers and 3 axes of magnetometers to provide higher accuracy levels and magnetic field compensation. Features:
- Designed for ease of integration with flexible interface and programmable message outputs
- Proven performance in critical applications
- Solid state design provides long life and dependable, consistent operation
- Extremely high bandwidth (≥1000 Hz)
- User-programmable data rates from 1 to 5000 Hz
- User-configurable baud rate from 9.6 Kbps to 4147 Kbps to minimize communication latency and receive data faster
- Asynchronous RS-422 protocol, full differential interface
- 3-axis magnetometer for magnetic field compensation
- Compact and lightweight - <0.7 kg (1.5 lbs.)
E•Core ThinFiber Technology
KVH’s proprietary polarization maintaining E•Core ThinFiber delivers outstanding precision performance in much smaller gyros and inertial systems. By minimizing the diameter of KVH’s standard E•Core fiber, the resulting ThinFiber boosts the accuracy of all KVH gyros, and allows the production of very small FOGs with very high bandwidth and very low noise.
KVH’s DSP electronics improve FOG performance in critical areas such as scale factor and bias vs. temperature, scale factor linearity, and maximum input rate. KVH’s exclusive DSP design is covered by multiple patents* and overcomes the limitations of analog signal processing, eliminating temperature-sensitive drift and rotation errors.
* This product is covered by one or more patents, including U.S. Patent #6,429,939, "DSP Signal Processing for Open Loop Fiber Optic Sensors."
Developer’s Kit for Rapid Integration
The KVH FOG/IMU Developer’s Kit includes easy-to-use software that accelerates your IMU and FOG integration, development, and interface efforts.
Product Literature/Supporting Documents
Need more information about this product and how customers are using it to succeed? Check out all of the supporting materials for this product, including brochures, specification sheets, rate plans, case studies, eBooks, and more.
Products not shown to scale