Versatile, Highly Accurate FOG-based IMU with Photonic Integrated Chip (PIC) Technology for Demanding Applications
The new KVH P-1750 IMU is a versatile high-performance IMU featuring breakthrough PIC technology for increased reliability and upgraded high-performance accelerometers for superior performance for autonomous and manned platforms.
The P-1750 IMU integrates easily into the most demanding applications including autonomous vehicle navigation and positioning; unmanned aerial surveillance, surveying and mapping; humanoid robots; and oil and gas pipeline inspection equipment.Features:
- Drop-in replacement IMU for easy integration
- Offers outstanding resistance to shock and vibration
- Low power consumption and highly adaptable
- Superior precision – Bias Instability ≤ 0.05°/hr, 1σ
- Choice of 10g or 30g high-performance accelerometers
- Full differential asynchronous or synchronous RS-422 protocol
- Flexible, user-friendly programmable data output rates from 1 – 1000 Hz
- Customizable message output from both the photonic FOGs and the integrated accelerometers
- Rugged design for extreme environments, with excellent shock, vibration, and thermal performance
Photonic Integrated Chip Technology
KVH’s new photonic integrated chip (PIC) technology reimagines FOG technology by replacing individual fiber components with an innovative integrated planar optic chip. This results in a FOG with PIC Inside™ that’s even more reliable and delivers superior repeatability unit-to-unit.
KVH’s DSP electronics improve FOG performance in critical areas such as scale factor and bias vs. temperature, scale factor linearity, and maximum input rate. KVH’s exclusive DSP design overcomes the limitations of analog signal processing, eliminating temperature-sensitive drift and rotation errors.
Your Choice of High-performance Accelerometers
The P-1750 comes with your choice of high-performance 10g or 30g accelerometers to meet your system’s requirements.
Developer’s Kit for Rapid Integration
The KVH FOG/IMU Developer’s Kit includes easy-to-use software that accelerates your IMU and FOG integration, development, and interface efforts.
We rigorously test our new PIC technology to ensure superior performance, accuracy, and reliability.
- Part Level – Testing includes over temperature cycling, temperature and humidity, and shock and vibration, all run over multiple lots of parts to validate the repeatability and robustness of manufacturing
- Product Level – Testing is done across the complete set of performance specifications and environmental conditions and repeated over time to validate the design
Product Literature/Supporting Documents
Need more information about this product and how customers are using it to succeed? Check out all of the supporting materials for this product, including brochures, specification sheets, rate plans, case studies, eBooks, and more.
Products not shown to scale