Two Highly Reliable Technologies in One Low-cost Commercial INS
The versatile KVH CNS-5000 combines two complementary technologies – KVH’s Fiber Optic Gyro (FOG)-based IMU with NovAtel’s OEM6® GNSS precision receiver technology – within a single enclosure. The deep coupling of these technologies within the CNS-5000 optimizes the raw GPS and IMU data, delivering a superior position, velocity, and attitude solution. Features:
- Meets Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) requirements
- Patented KVH FOGs for high reliability and stable performance
- Low-cost, small form factor solution designed for 3D positioning, velocity, and attitude measurement
- Fast GPS signal reacquisition while maintaining precise inertial navigation
- Full 100 Hz position, velocity and attitude sensing
- Integrated L-Band tracking capability
- RTK, DGPS, Omnistar, and SBAS positioning modes
- Proven GPS tracking via NovAtel’s OEMV® GPS receiver
- Wheel sensor input for ground applications
KVH’s DSP electronics improve FOG performance in critical areas such as scale factor and bias vs. temperature, scale factor linearity, and maximum input rate. KVH’s exclusive DSP design is covered by multiple patents* and overcomes the limitations of analog signal processing, eliminating temperature-sensitive drift and rotation errors.
* This product is covered by one or more patents, including U.S. Patent #6,429,939, "DSP Signal Processing for Open Loop Fiber Optic Sensors."
Product Literature/Supporting Documents
Need more information about this product and how customers are using it to succeed? Check out all of the supporting materials for this product, including brochures, specification sheets, rate plans, case studies, eBooks, and more.
Products not shown to scale