Rugged, High-accuracy INS and AHRS with Embedded GNSS
With a data rate 10x faster than competing systems, KVH’s advanced GEO-FOG 3D inertial navigation system (INS) includes 3 KVH DSP-1750 gyros integrated with 3 low-noise MEMS accelerometers, 3 axes of magnetometers, a pressure sensor, and the option of either a single or dual antenna GNSS receiver. With advanced sensor fusion, the GEO-FOG 3D INS delivers reliable, precise navigation and control to a wide variety of aerial, ground, marine, and subsurface applications and platforms. Features:
- Groundbreaking sensor fusion algorithm extracts more data than typical Kalman filters
- Continuously running north-seeking gyrocompass provides accurate heading
- Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS)
- Embedded Trimble GNSS receiver
- Contains triple or dual frequency GNSS receiver (depending on single or dual antenna variant)
- Provides up to 8 mm positioning accuracy
- Fully supports GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, and BeiDou
- GEO FOG Manager Available
E•Core ThinFiber Technology
KVH’s proprietary polarization maintaining E•Core ThinFiber delivers outstanding precision performance in much smaller gyros and inertial systems. By minimizing the diameter of KVH’s standard E•Core fiber, the resulting ThinFiber boosts the accuracy of all KVH gyros, and allows the production of very small FOGs with very high bandwidth and very low noise.
KVH’s DSP electronics improve FOG performance in critical areas such as scale factor and bias vs. temperature, scale factor linearity, and maximum input rate. KVH’s exclusive DSP design is covered by multiple patents* and overcomes the limitations of analog signal processing, eliminating temperature-sensitive drift and rotation errors.
* This product is covered by one or more patents, including U.S. Patent #6,429,939, "DSP Signal Processing for Open Loop Fiber Optic Sensors."
Product Literature/Supporting Documents
Need more information about this product and how customers are using it to succeed? Check out all of the supporting materials for this product, including brochures, specification sheets, rate plans, case studies, eBooks, and more.
Products not shown to scale