Rugged, High-accuracy INS and AHRS with Exclusive PIC technology and Embedded GNSS
With a data rate 10x faster than competing systems, KVH’s advanced GEO-FOG 3D inertial navigation system (INS) includes three KVH ultra-reliable PIC enhanced gyroscopes integrated with three low-noise, high-grade 16g accelerometers, three axes of magnetometers, a pressure sensor, and the option of either a single or dual antenna GNSS receiver. With advanced sensor fusion and PIC technology, the GEO-FOG 3D INS delivers reliable, precise navigation and control to a wide variety of aerial, ground, marine, and subsurface applications and platforms. Features:
- Groundbreaking sensor fusion algorithm extracts more data than typical Kalman filters
- Continuously running north-seeking gyrocompass provides accurate heading
- Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS)
- Embedded Trimble GNSS receiver
- Contains triple or dual frequency GNSS receiver (depending on single or dual antenna variant)
- Provides up to 8 mm positioning accuracy
- Fully supports GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, and BeiDou
- GEO FOG Manager Available
Photonic Integrated Chip Technology
KVH’s new photonic integrated chip (PIC) technology reimagines FOG technology by replacing individual fiber components with an innovative integrated planar optic chip. This results in a FOG with PIC Inside™ that’s even more reliable and delivers superior repeatability unit-to-unit. With three of these integrated photonic gyros at its core, the P-1750 IMU helps enable the GEO-FOG to provide safe, accurate performance autonomous platforms demand.
KVH’s DSP electronics improve FOG performance in critical areas such as scale factor and bias vs. temperature, scale factor linearity, and maximum input rate. KVH’s exclusive DSP design overcomes the limitations of analog signal processing, eliminating temperature-sensitive drift and rotation errors.
Product Literature/Supporting Documents
Need more information about this product and how customers are using it to succeed? Check out all of the supporting materials for this product, including brochures, specification sheets, rate plans, case studies, eBooks, and more.
Products not shown to scale