GEO-FOG 3D Dual
High-accuracy, High-performance INS and AHRS with Embedded GNSS – now with PIC Technology
KVH’s benchmark fiber optic gyro (FOG)-based P-1750 inertial measurement unit (IMU) is the core processor of the robust GEO-FOG 3D Dual INS. KVH’s exclusive photonic integrated chip (PIC) technology delivers improved reliability and repeatability. The precision non-ITAR GEO-FOG 3D Dual features two GNSS antennas on a fixed PTK baseline to offer increased heading, pitch, and roll accuracy for static and dynamic applications where a single antenna system can be problematic. This dual antenna INS is the best choice for systems requiring heading at start-up or in low dynamic conditions. Features:
- Data rate 10x faster than other available systems
- Cutting-edge sensor fusion for dependable, precise navigation in a full array of applications and conditions
- Six degrees of freedom (DoF) IMU with integrated gyros and accelerometers
- Innovative sensor fusion algorithm extracts more data than typical Kalman filters
- North-seeking gyrocompass
- Embedded Trimble GNSS receiver
- Provides up to 8 mm positioning accuracy
- Fully supports GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, and BeiDou
- Developer Kit Available
Photonic Integrated Chip Technology
KVH’s new photonic integrated chip (PIC) technology reimagines FOG technology by replacing individual fiber components with an innovative integrated planar optic chip. This results in a FOG with PIC Inside™ that’s even more reliable and delivers superior repeatability unit-to-unit. With three of these integrated photonic gyros at its core, the P-1750 IMU enables the GEO-FOG to provide the safe, accurate performance autonomous platforms demand.
KVH’s DSP electronics improve FOG performance in critical areas such as scale factor and bias vs. temperature, scale factor linearity, and maximum input rate. KVH’s exclusive DSP design overcomes the limitations of analog signal processing, eliminating temperature-sensitive drift and rotation errors.
Product Literature/Supporting Documents
Need more information about this product and how customers are using it to succeed? Check out all of the supporting materials for this product, including brochures, specification sheets, rate plans, case studies, eBooks, and more.
Products not shown to scale