GEO-FOG 3D Dual
High-accuracy, High-performance INS and AHRS with Embedded GNSS
KVH’s benchmark FOG-based 1750 IMU is the core processor of the robust GEO-FOG 3D Dual INS. The precision commercial off-the-shelf GEO-FOG 3D Dual features two GNSS antennas on a fixed RTK baseline to offer increased heading, pitch, and roll accuracy for static and dynamic applications where a single antenna system can be problematic. This dual antenna INS is the best choice for systems requiring heading at start-up or in low dynamic conditions. Features:
- Data rate 10x faster than other available systems
- Cutting-edge sensor fusion for dependable, precise navigation in a full array of applications and conditions
- Six degrees of freedom (DoF) IMU with integrated gyros and accelerometers
- Innovative sensor fusion algorithm extracts more data than typical Kalman filters
- North-seeking gyrocompass
- Embedded Trimble GNSS receiver
- Provides up to 8 mm positioning accuracy
- Fully supports GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, and BeiDou
- Developer Kit Available
E•Core ThinFiber Technology
KVH’s proprietary polarization maintaining E•Core ThinFiber delivers outstanding precision performance in much smaller gyros and inertial systems. By minimizing the diameter of KVH’s standard E•Core fiber, the resulting ThinFiber boosts the accuracy of all KVH gyros, and allows the production of very small FOGs with very high bandwidth and very low noise.
KVH’s DSP electronics improve FOG performance in critical areas such as scale factor and bias vs. temperature, scale factor linearity, and maximum input rate. KVH’s exclusive DSP design overcomes the limitations of analog signal processing, eliminating temperature-sensitive drift and rotation errors.
Product Literature/Supporting Documents
Need more information about this product and how customers are using it to succeed? Check out all of the supporting materials for this product, including brochures, specification sheets, rate plans, case studies, eBooks, and more.
Products not shown to scale