The wait is over. Ultra-compact, fast, and affordable VSAT for your vessels
Keep your business on track and your crew connected securely with TracPhone® V30, the 37cm digital SATCOM system, designed for the roughest seas. Choose accessible and affordable VSAT that offers blazing-fast speeds, fast and easy installation, next-generation technology, and flexible airtime plans. Get connected to meet your operational needs and provide crew access to web browsing and chat, email, and calls. VSAT within reach with this innovative KVH solution that delivers:
- Rugged digital SATCOM system with improved signal efficiency
- Uncompromised data speeds as fast as 6 Mbps/2 Mbps (down/up)
- Global service with choice of metered plans or no-overage unlimited plans
- The smallest, lightest, lowest powered maritime VSAT system with precision two-axis stabilized pedestal design plus stabilized skew for solid connections in all sea states
- Simple installation using a single new or existing coaxial cable, rotary joint for unlimited rotation, DC power (optional AC-to-DC power converter available), and compact VSAT-Hub belowdecks unit
- Global connectivity and crystal-clear voice calls via KVH’s mini-VSAT Broadband HTS network
- Powerful network management tools providing valuable insight and control over data usage via KVH Manager
- Optimized system performance thanks to KVH’s integrated IoT Proactive Monitoring
- Multi-level Cybersecurity Program with advanced network-level firewall and more
Providing Broadband Connectivity Worldwide
KVH’s HTS Network systems offer the fastest broadband connections available. Explore our coverage to see where we’re delivering affordable Internet access, IoT connectivity, real-time communications via video and voice, news, entertainment, and more.
Technology & Service Details
The Lightest, Ultra-fast, High Efficiency Antenna
The 37 cm commercial-grade TracPhone V30 is an ultra-compact DC-powered1 digital antenna that offers easy single-cable installation and a commercial-grade rotary joint for uninterrupted rotation and tracking. It provides high-performance tracking in all sea states thanks to its with 2-axis pedestal design, stabilized skew, dual digital IMUs, and advanced motor controllers. TracPhone V30’s innovative RingFire™ design and dielectric rod feed make this a high efficiency antenna that ensures excellent Ku-band reception even in bad weather.
Global Connections, Unmatched Speed
The mini-VSAT Broadband HTS network offers 276 million square km (106+ million square miles) of Ku-band coverage. Enjoy global connections and unmatched speed as fast as 6 Mpbs/2 Mbps (down/up)2 using advanced next-generation high-throughput satellites (HTS) from Intelsat and SKY Perfect JSAT. Plus, you get greater resilience to weather and rain fade than with Ka-band services.
VSAT-Hub – Small, Fast, and Smart in Every Way
The VSAT-Hub is the streamlined all-in-one belowdecks unit that powers the TracPhone V30. This IP-enabled antenna control unit includes versatile network management software, data routing, and firewall security, plus a Voice over IP (VoIP) adapter, built-in Wi-Fi, and Ethernet switch. Almost 90% smaller by volume than 2U rack-mounted belowdecks units, it’s easier to install and ideal for vessels with limited space.
Exclusive Multi-Level Cybersecurity Program
The TracPhone V30 features advanced network-level firewall, automated threat management, secure boot, encrypted drives, and more to provide additional security.
Precision Management of Your Data
The KVH Manager suite of tools delivers valuable insight and control over data usage to manage operational and personal use. Built-in data shaping and user-managed application category control enable tuning of your onboard network and limit unintended data consumption. It also offers usage monitoring in real time and provides usage alerts for staying aware of monthly data consumption.
Improved Performance through Proactive Monitoring
The TracPhone V30 system’s integrated IoT functionality reports daily on 150+ performance and health parameters to help optimize your system’s performance for a premium connectivity experience.
KVH OneCare Global Support Program
KVH OneCare™ is a comprehensive array of service offerings that spans the lifecycle of your mini-VSAT Broadband solution, from design and selection of the best possible solution, to smooth installation, and post-deployment support in 4,000 ports worldwide to maximize long-term performance.
1Optional AC-to-DC power converter available.
2Data rates are rate plan maximums and may vary in different regions and under different conditions.
Airtime Plan Options
Choose a metered global plan and enjoy the fastest network speeds available at all times, monthly airtime packages sized to meet your unique needs, affordable per MB additional data, and service throughout the global mini-VSAT Broadband HTS network.
Unlimited Use Airtime
Choose the monthly high-speed data package best for your needs. Use it all up before the end of the month? No problem! Your network automatically shifts to a reduced data rate shaped plan with NO overage charges so you can stay connected with unlimited email, texting, and more.
Cybersecurity & Email
Terminal & Network Security
- Exclusive multi-level cybersecurity program
- Advanced network-level firewall, automated threat management, secure boot, encrypted drives, and more
- Separation of data: terminal management and customer data stored separately and securely
- Cybersecurity incident response
Further enhance your system and network security with optional enterprise-grade cybersecurity employing the KVH Managed Firewall Service with:
- Advanced firewall and basic routing
- Application-level controls/features
- IPSEC/SSL VPN-capable, SD-WAN functionality
- Intrusion detection/prevention and advanced malware protection
- Web/application filtering and antispam service
KVH's cloud-based email solution for flexible, affordable communications for operations, crew, and more accessibility from anywhere.
- Expert administration and support: through an expert global email services provider
- Convenient mail retrieval: retrieve email over any available connection
- Standard mail clients supported: IMAP, POP, SMTP, and Webmail to accommodate everyone on board
- Multiple email accounts: one 10 GB email account included, additional accounts available for added flexibility
Extended Warranty & Preventative Maintenance Checks
KVH OneCare includes several options to ensure that your TracPhone V30 delivers the finest performance:
Extended warranty – extend the warranty to a total of 5 years from activation
Preventative maintenance checks – to help keep your system performing at its best
AgilePlans® Regional Connectivity as a Service is an affordable monthly subscription with everything you need for high-speed HTS broadband at sea. Get unmatched flexibility, award-winning hardware, airtime, unlimited e-mail and text, plus free shipping, free installation, and more.
Global Static IP Addresses
KVH’s global private terrestrial network links all mini-VSAT Broadband teleports worldwide, allowing for more robust malware and threat detection and enhanced network security. Sign up for a single public IP address for secure addressability to your onboard system from the Internet.
Virtual “Local” Numbers
For an additional fee, you may assign up to 5 virtual phone numbers to the vessel’s phone line. These numbers can be set up with a different country code and area/city code, allowing people on shore within those regions to avoid international or long-distance charges when they call.
KVH Watch Flow
Whether deployed as part of AgilePlans or purchased, the TracPhone V30 offers support for 24/7 ship-to-shore data transfer via KVH Watch Flow, ideal for real-time IoT data monitoring. Plus, the system includes powerful IoT tools deployed by KVH on your behalf to increase efficiency and improve uptime.
Thales VesseLINK Systems with Iridium Certus
The Thales VesseLINK 200 and 700 systems are the perfect companions for your KVH system. These backup systems are available with a choice of either an ultra-compact design and KVH’s recommended solution – the VesseLINK 200, with data speeds as fast as 176/176 Kbps (up/down) – or a higher-speed option, the VesseLINK 700, with data speeds as fast as 704/176 Kbps (up/down). Both systems offer pole-to-pole Iridium Certus coverage, least-cost routing with KVH VSAT systems1, and two voice lines. Plus, you enjoy the confidence that comes with out-of-band management for remote TracPhone VSAT support anywhere on the globe.
1KVH Commbox service required; contact KVH Application Engineering for details
Product Literature/Supporting Documents
Need more information about this product and how customers are using it to succeed? Check out all of the supporting materials for this product, including brochures, specification sheets, rate plans, case studies, eBooks, and more.