Affordable, Reliable FOG-based IMU with Photonic Integrated Chip (PIC) Technology
The new KVH P-1725 IMU is a rugged, non-ITAR IMU featuring breakthrough PIC technology for increased reliability and upgraded 10g or 16g high-performance accelerometers for outstanding FOG performance as affordable as MEMS alternatives. The P-1725 IMU is a 6-degrees-of-freedom (6-DOF) sensor that delivers the high performance and stability of KVH’s FOGs at MEMS prices.
This commercial-off-the-shelf, low cost/high performance photonic FOG-based IMU is ideal for applications in which affordability, high performance, and high bandwidth are critical.Features:
- Compact package weighing less than 0.7 kg (1.45 lbs) designed for ease of integration
- Flexible interfaces, programmable message outputs
- Versatile for unmanned platforms, precision stabilization systems, and high accuracy mobile mapping
- High bandwidth and low noise for demanding applications
- Superior shock and vibration performance
- High accuracy 6-DOF angular rate and acceleration data
- High-performance 10g or 16g accelerometers
- Asynchronous or synchronous RS-422 protocol
- Adjustable baud rate to minimize communication latency, and receive accurate data even faster
Photonic Integrated Chip Technology
KVH’s new photonic integrated chip (PIC) technology reimagines FOG technology by replacing individual fiber components with an innovative integrated planar optic chip. This results in a FOG with PIC Inside™ that’s even more reliable and delivers superior repeatability unit-to-unit.
KVH’s DSP electronics improve FOG performance in critical areas such as scale factor and bias vs. temperature, scale factor linearity, and maximum input rate. KVH’s exclusive DSP design overcomes the limitations of analog signal processing, eliminating temperature-sensitive drift and rotation errors.
Developer’s Kit for Rapid Integration
The KVH FOG/IMU Developer’s Kit includes easy-to-use software that accelerates your IMU and FOG integration, development, and interface efforts.
We rigorously test our new PIC technology to ensure superior performance, accuracy, and reliability.
- Part Level – Testing includes over temperature cycling, temperature and humidity, and shock and vibration, all run over multiple lots of parts to validate the repeatability and robustness of manufacturing
- Product Level – Testing is done across the complete set of performance specifications and environmental conditions and repeated over time to validate the design
Product Literature/Supporting Documents
Need more information about this product and how customers are using it to succeed? Check out all of the supporting materials for this product, including brochures, specification sheets, rate plans, case studies, eBooks, and more.
Products not shown to scale