Superior, Proven Performance for the Most Demanding Environments and Applications
With improved reliability and environmental survivability over competing technologies, the P-1775 IMU features KVH's all-new, exclusive photonic integrated chip (PIC) technology. An advanced inertial sensor system, the high-performing P-1775 IMU is non-ITAR and designed for systems and applications where very high bandwidth, low latency, and low drift are critical. The P-1775 IMU is integrated with high-performance, low-noise accelerometers and three axes of magnetometers to provide the high accuracy levels that leading autonomous platforms demand.
- Designed for ease of integration with flexible interface and programmable message outputs
- Proven performance in critical applications and the specs that matter most
- Solid state design provides long life and dependable, consistent operation
- Extremely high bandwidth (≥1000 Hz)
- User-programmable data rates from
1 to 5000 Hz
- User-configurable baud rate from 9.6 Kbps to 4147 Kbps to minimize communication latency and receive data faster
- Compact and lightweight - <0.7 kg (1.5 lbs.)
- Full differential asynchronous or synchronous RS-422 protocol
- 3-axis magnetometer for magnetic field compensation
- Your choice of of 10g, 16g or 30g high-performance accelerometers to meet the most demanding application requirements
Photonic Integrated Chip Technology
KVH’s new photonic integrated chip (PIC) technology* reimagines FOG technology by replacing individual fiber components with an innovative integrated planar optic chip. This results in a FOG with PIC Inside™ that’s even more reliable and delivers superior repeatability unit-to-unit. With three of these integrated photonic gyros at its core, the P-1775 IMU provides the safe, accurate performance autonomous platforms demand.
*Protected by U.S. Patent # 10,274,319. Additional patents pending.
KVH’s DSP electronics improve FOG performance in critical areas such as scale factor and bias vs. temperature, scale factor linearity, and maximum input rate. KVH’s exclusive DSP design overcomes the limitations of analog signal processing, eliminating temperature-sensitive drift and rotation errors.
Developer’s Kit for Rapid Integration
The KVH FOG/IMU Developer’s Kit includes easy-to-use software that accelerates your IMU and FOG integration, development, and interface efforts.
Your Choice of High-performance Accelerometers
The P-1775 comes with your choice of high-performance 10g or 30g accelerometers to further enhance your application’s performance.
We rigorously test our new PIC technology to ensure superior performance, accuracy, and reliability.
- Part Level – Testing includes over temperature cycling, temperature and humidity, and shock and vibration, all run over multiple lots of parts to validate the repeatability and robustness of manufacturing
- Product Level – Testing is done across the complete set of performance specifications and environmental conditions and repeated over time to validate the design
Product Literature/Supporting Documents
Need more information about this product and how customers are using it to succeed? Check out all of the supporting materials for this product, including brochures, specification sheets, rate plans, case studies, eBooks, and more.
Products not shown to scale