Monitor. Act. Save.
KVH Watch is the all-inclusive, no commitment IoT Connectivity as a Service solution for equipment manufacturers, shipyards, service providers, and more. Monitor your equipment and assets at sea, and take action remotely to optimize performance or conduct tech support sessions.
Delivering the Tools to Meet Your Maritime IoT NeedsKVH Watch provides cybersecure, isolated IoT connections for 24/7/365 machine-to-cloud connectivity supporting remote monitoring of onboard equipment. You can also perform on-demand Interventions for remote service using video, voice, or text via KVH’s global HTS network. Fully compatible with your IoT platform of choice, KVH Watch seamlessly integrates with onboard data sensors/protocols. Plus, you enjoy the benefits of:
- No CAPEX. Pay only for your subscription, starting at just $99/month
- Zero installation and maintenance costs
- KVH OneCare™ Global Technical Assistance Program with 24/7/365 global support
Do you have the IoT connectivity you need?
The KVH Watch Solutions
KVH Watch is a versatile tool that is optimized for use at sea via satellite to meet your diverse IoT needs. Explore the wide range of applications for IoT connectivity that KVH Watch offers.
Flow provides access to 24/7/365 data connections with packages tailored to cover your total monthly requirements.
- 24/7/365 machine-to-machine data delivery that uses dedicated ship-to-shore bandwidth
- Data delivery from your edge server to your cloud data storage and IoT applications over your VPN.
Schedule an on-demand Flow Intervention to boost your data capacity at speeds as fast as 10/3 Mbps for actions such as bulk file transfers, application updates, connectivity for remote presence, and general access to the onboard endpoint.
Remote Expert Intervention
On-demand high-throughput remote support sessions permit experts to guide onboard personnel through maintenance and repair procedures with data speeds as fast as 10/3 Mbps.
- Real-time video, voice, text, and markup
- Pre-qualified Remote Expert apps onboard (optimized for satellite link) and desktop UI onshore
- Support for Wi-Fi access points, phone, tablets, PC, and augmented reality wearables
- Security through scheduled Interventions, captain’s approval, and multi-factor authentication
Designed primarily for onshore use by support engineers, the Watch Manager web application provides visibility to everything your customer support team needs to know.
- Flow Intervention and Remote Expert Intervention scheduler and session log
- Vessel location and tracking history on a global map
- KVH Watch Terminal connectivity status
- Flow daily and month-to-date usage reports
How KVH Watch Works
Advanced, Commercial-grade Technology Bridges the Gap from Shore to Ship
The KVH Watch Terminal supports all KVH Watch tenants and, through them, the vessel owner. Using a dedicated high-throughput VSAT antenna with its own LAN that is fully isolated from the vessel’s existing IT and OT networks, the system includes:
- 60 cm commercial-grade VSAT antenna
- High-speed connectivity on KVH's worldwide maritime HTS VSAT network
- 2U rack-mountable Antenna Control Unit (ACU)
- 1U managed switch
- Dedicated Wi-Fi access points for the exclusive use of Remote Expert Interventions
- Tenant-specific Kubernetes® software containers for isolated and secure processing
All KVH Watch Terminals include the following:
Worldwide IoT Connectivity, Built on HTS Performance
To deliver on the promise of IoT at sea, real-time machine data must be accessible worldwide, while effective remote support requires fast, affordable connectivity. That’s why KVH’s layered, global HTS network and terminals are the perfect match for IoT and remote Interventions.
KVH Watch is designed to meet the cybersecurity needs of a modern, connected ship:
- Isolates the IoT network from the vessel’s existing IT network by introducing the KVH Watch Terminal with Managed Switch, dedicated LAN, and dedicated Wi-Fi access points
- Supports manufacturer VPNs
- Multi-factor authentication for user identification
Each KVH Watch terminal reports on 150+ health and performance parameters in real-time, so your connectivity is proactively optimized. A proven solution, it is already deployed on thousands of VSAT systems.
Watch Delivers Powerful Benefits
Deliver superior performance for your customers with no CAPEX, no maintenance costs, and a monthly subscription designed for your IoT data needs.
Reduce costly service visits
Fewer Service Visits
Improve reliability through predictive maintenance
Collect historical equipment data to resolve warranty disputes
Turn service costs into service revenue
Use performance data for product improvements
Learn how KVH Watch can deliver immediate benefits to your business.
"The unique combination of V-Node and KVH Watch will deliver an affordable and managed IoT infrastructure for shipowners and managers with the added benefit of real-time analytics and direct on-demand video interventions for troubleshooting, vetting, audits, and more."
"With KVH Watch connectivity, we will be able to extend our services and add remote monitoring, condition-based monitoring, and assistance for a repair even if there is an incident in the middle of the ocean. Many vessels are looking for this level of service but what has been missing in our opinion was the reliable backbone of connectivity to transfer data from the ship to shore."